WEEE & Battery Recycling for Customers
As part of Purple Panda's commitment to reduce the environmental impact of our own operations and those of our customers, our customers are invited to either return their used portable batteries to Purple Panda premises at Main Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 HH7F for recycling, or to order a recycling box from our environment compliance team by emailing hello@PurplePanda.ie
Some of the recycling centres are listed below. Alternatively, you can find your local recycling point at https://www.weeeireland.ie/household-recycling/where-can-i-recycle
Rehab Recycling Centre
TEL: 021 431 7195
For additonal information on what you can do with your waste electrical and electronic equipment, see https://www.mywaste.ie/what-to-do-with-my-waste-electrical-and-electronic-equipment-weee/
Why we take recycling of batteries seriously
Some household batteries can contain chemicals like lead, mercury or cadmium. If batteries are disposed of in your normal waste bin, they are likely to end up in landfill. When the batteries are put into landfill they start to break down and can leak some of these chemicals into the ground. This can cause soil and water pollution, which may lead to health risks.
Recycling avoids this and can also recover some of the raw materials used for making batteries. These can be used to make other products. The result of recycling means we can save some of the planet’s resources by reducing the need to mine new materials.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations for B2B Products
Customers wishing to dispose of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) when it reaches the end of its life can do so by contacting our customer service team at hello@PurplePanda.ie or by phoning 01 582 1836, who will arrange for it to be sent to an authorised treatment facility that will treat and dispose of it in an environmentally sound way.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) products are taken back free of charge on a one-for-one, like-for-like basis. Waste batteries including rechargeable batteries are taken back free of charge. All WEEE and waste batteries must be recycled and should not be placed in any of your household wheelie bins. Make sure you always recycle all your old electrical goods and batteries
Prior to collection, please ensure that your old equipment is disconnected and ready in advance of collection. We can collect WEEE items within 15 days of delivery of your new product. Simply call us on 01 582 1836 so we can make arrangements for the collection, we aim to give you a 24-hour notice for the collection.
WEEE Regulations for B2C Products
The retail price quoted on the website for each specific item of EEE, includes a contribution towards the cost of recycling costs of contrbuting to the EMC (environmental management cost)
Price of electrical items includes a contribution to recycling costs.
• Category 1.3.1: Under Counter Refrigeration - included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €5.00
• Category 2.1.1: Large TVs 73cm+ - included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €5.00
• Category 3.1.1: Fluorescent Lamps - included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €0.15
• Category 3.2.1: LED Lamps - included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €0.05
• Category 4.1.1: Washing Machines, Dryers & Dishwashers - included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €5.00
• Category 4.5.1: Large LED Luminaires - included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €0.05
• Category 5.5.1: Small LED Luminaires - included in this price is a contribution to recycling costs of €0.05
Our Wholesaler WEEE Registration Number: IE01321WB
Our Wholesaler ERP Ireland B2C WEEE Compliance Scheme Membership Number: 464